Philips AVENT introduces 2 great NEW Sterilisers
We love the new Philips AVENT 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 electric steam sterilisers, they’re both designed to make life easy and quick, the two things every new parent needs!
The new Philips AVENT sterilisers are made to fit both wide neck and narrow neck bottles as well as breast pumps and accessories. With an adjustable size, the new Philips AVENT electric steam sterilisers take up the least amount of kitchen space yet perfectly fit the items you want to sterilise whether it’s a few items or a full load.
The fabulous functionality of the Philips AVENT sterilisers allows parents to use them in a variety of ways including small for soothers, medium for breast pumps, toddler plates and cutlery, or large for sterilising up to six baby bottles. The 4-in-1 steriliser comes with an additional feature, offering an integrated dishwasher basket that allows for hassle free pre-cleaning of bottles and accessories.
Both Philips AVENT Steriliser models offer a 6 minute sterilising cycle and switch off automatically once the cycle is complete for extra safety. The Philips AVENT sterilisers use the hospital method of steam sterilisation, which is quick, easy and efficient in killing harmful germs, with no chemicals involved.
Jane Barry, registered nurse, midwife and child health nurse, baby and wellbeing advisor on behalf of Philips AVENT, says “Sterilising feeding equipment is an important step in supporting a baby’s good health, because babies have immature immune systems, they’re not able to fight infection the same way that older children can.”
Jane Barry has some very good points on the importance of sterilising:
- Even when feeding equipment has been washed in hot soapy water and rinsed well, it is not sterile.
- Steam sterilisers are an effective way to ensure that baby feeding equipment is free of contagion and bacteria.
- A major benefit of steam sterilisation is that there is no residual smell or taste, which could potentially cause a baby to become fussy or refuse to feed.
- Steam sterilisers are portable and extremely easy to use, taking only a short time to complete a cycle.
- Parents need to feel confident that the sterilising option they are using will provide their baby with a consistently high level of protection.