I found this fantastic super easy tip on cleaning an oven quickly without toxic chemicals on facebook from Melissa and Friends Motivational Groupe
My oven has been in desperate need of a clean for far too long – and to be honest it’s always been in the too hard basket. In winter I use my oven every day so being without an oven for a day, and the thought of using toxic smelly chemicals with little ones in the house is daunting.
My oven now is sparkling – was so easy to clean using these fab tips:
- Begin by preheating the oven to 150 degrees F.
- While the oven is heating, put on a pot of water to boil.
- Once the oven has reached 150 F, turn it off and pour 1 cup of ammonia into a heat safe bowl or baking dish and place it on the top rack of the oven.
- Place the pot of boiling water on the bottom rack, close the oven door, and leave them both in the oven overnight.
- The next morning, open the oven and remove both the bowl of ammonia and the pot of water. Don’t dispose of the ammonia; you’ll want to use it later.
- Remove the racks and leave the oven door open to air out for 15 minutes. Add 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap to the ammonia, along with a quart of warm water, and using a heavy-duty nylon scrubbing pad dipped in the ammonia mixture, begin to wipe away the softened grease and grime along the sides and bottom of the oven. It should be a fairly easy job at this point.
- Wear some kitchen gloves, since ammonia can be caustic to skin. However, I found it interesting that the ammonia was WAY LESS powerful smelling after having sat overnight in the oven.
SHARE LESS TOXIC CHEMICALS THAN THE CLEANERS IN THE CAN…
For more ideas please join Melissa and Friends Motivational Groupe on Facebook.