Easter Bunny Cookies – Kids will love these fabulous and delicious Easter Bunny Cookies on a stick, not only are they lots of fun, but they are really yummy too. Bronnie Bakes (www.bronniebakes.com) shares her wonderful ‘How To’ Recipe…
200g castor sugar
200g unsalted butter
1 vanilla bean or 1 capful of vanilla extract (optional)
1 lightly beaten egg
400g plain flour
An edible black marker
1. Mix sugar and butter until combined. 2. Add egg and vanilla and beat well and then add flour and mix until combined.
3. Wrap cookie dough in glad wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour. 4. I like to roll my cookie dough in between 2 sheets of baking paper – this prevents the dough from sticking. Roll out your dough until it is about 3/4-1cm thick.
5. Use a bone cookie cutter, or an oval cookie cutter to cut out your mouth shape. You can also make your own cutter template by drawing the shape onto cardboard and cutting. Cut out some small circles for the nose and then place the mouth and nose onto your baking tray. 6. Gently insert the lollipop stick into the mouth.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (approx 180 degrees) for around 20 minutes. The baking time will depend on your oven, but because these cookies are baked on sticks, you don’t want the cookies too soft. 8. Once the cookies have cooled down brush some water across the top.
9. Roll out some white fondant, cut out your mouth shape and gently stick onto your cookie. Do the same with some pink fondant for the nose. Leave cookies for approx 1-2 hours so that the fondant will harden slightly. 10. Finally – draw on the bunny mouth with your edible marker.
11. Attach your ribbon. Happy Easter!
Easter Bunny Cookies by Bronnie http://bronniebakes.com/
To view the recipe go to: http://www.feedingguide.com.au/recipe/easy-easter-bunny-cookies/