As a mummy to a little boy that has been a fussy eater since birth, a little girl who changes her food likes with her moods (often!), and a husband who grew up in a house that lived on fast food, I have become the master of vegetable disguise!
A Food Processor is your best friend, this handy little gadget chops and dices all kinds of vegetables into tiny little pieces that can then be disguised in almost any dish. The Phillips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender will help you make some of the great dishes below.
Broccoli, carrots and zucchini tend to be my favourite vegetables to chop and combine, not only for goodness but a good balance of flavour. Saying this you can choose whatever vegetable is in season and works well with texture and flavour of your dish.
- Bolognese Sauce – this is always a family favourite, I blend in my vegetable blend into the mince and fresh tomato sauce, and everyone loves it, totally delicious.
- Sausage Rolls – mix your finely chopped veggies in with the sausage mix and you will be amazed at how tastier your home made sausage rolls become.
- Chicken Nuggets – put cooked chicken breasts in the food processor and finely chop, then blend in your selected vegetables, (carrots and zucchini work really well), lightly coat in egg and wholemeal breadcrumbs and pan fry until golden.
- Sweet Potato Fries – always popular, simply chop up a sweet potato into long lengths, spray an oven tray with olive oil, place fries on and lightly spray and bake in the oven until golden.
- Hamburgers – mix your finely chopped up veggies in with your selected mince, and your family will lap them up!
Its not just about disguising the ingredients – its also how the food is presented. The Din Din Stainless Steel Plate is a fun way to entice the fussiest of eaters to tuck in at mealtime.
Enjoy, your family certainly will!