My breastfeeding best friends were sleep and my mum, but in reality both of them couldn’t be with me all of the time especially the sleep friend! Instead I had some wonderful breastfeeding products that made feeding so much easier, if only I had discovered them sooner! I thought I would share my breast feeding besties with you, to help make your breastfeeding experience a better one.
Top 5 Breastfeeding Besties:
- The Chicco Boppy Feeding Pillow $99.99 makes breastfeeding so much easier as it allows you to get into a comfy position, with baby and you feeling relaxed, which finally I realized is the key to successful breastfeeding! The Chicco Boppy Feeding Pillow has a scientifically studied ergonomic shape to ensure mother and baby breastfeed in exactly the right position, and the “Miracle Middle Insert guarantees a snug and secure fit that adapts to the shape of every mum and won’t lose its shape however often you use it. The Chicco Boppy Feeding Pillow is machine washable and has a removable slip cover which is essential!
- Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump $109.95 is on top of my list, after using the Hospital Medela Double Electric pump with both babies due to a severe case of cracked nipples and low supply, the Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump was perfect for keeping at home and taking out and about. It’s so easy to use, and the Medela 2-phase technology makes sure you pump more breast milk in less time, which made my life so much easier – loved it!
- Australian Breastfeeding Association Breast Pads $3, were a heaven find, not only great for my cracked nipples but so good for leaks. They are 100% cotton, which meant they allowed my nipples to breathe, and not get sticky or sweaty which some breast pads do. The ABA breast pads don’t contain any plastic, are nice and small and best of all are machine washable, which means you can use them over and over again.
- The Bosom Buddy $29.95 saved my boobs, many a time when I was on the verge or suffering mastitis or had engorged breasts, these great bosom buddies were great cold and warm. The Bosom Buddy is professionally contoured to fit the breast and can be applied warm before feeds to assist milk flow for blocked milk ducts, engorgement, mastitis and thrush or applied cool for between feeds to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Medela Contact Nipple Shields $29.95 helped me breastfeed my first baby, as after struggling for the first few days to get an attachment, the midwives discovered I had flat nipples. The Medela Contact nipple Shields allowed me to get an attachment and get breastfeeding established, they were also a lifesaver when my nipples were cracked. The Medela Contact Nipple Shields are for temporary use when breastfeeding with sore, cracked, flat or inverted nipples and can help you if you suffer from breastfeeding problems. The special contour allows maximum skin contact between mother and baby, they are made of ultra thin, soft silicone, odourless and tasteless.
Happy feeding x Claudia